Saturday 12 July 2008

Mobile for starters

To start, I'm going to focus on mobile as in my mind, it the most exciting aspect of digital communications and it is highly transformative on so many different levels , e.g. language, art, cutlure, access to information, education, social movements, business, etc.

I'm going to share some of my favourite initiatives and hope to cover a number of themes including youth culture, social activism, CSR, health, community activation and anything else that catches my fancy.

My first dabbling with the telco sector occurred way back in 2000 when I was at agency.com and we were building the website for our client One2One - now T-Mobile. For a number of reasons I would rather forget about that experience. Thank heavens more interesting ones have come along since then. Although learning the term ARPU has come in handy in all my subsequent dealings with telcos.

No comments: